Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Using Lynx -post_data option

From: G. Del Merritt
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Using Lynx -post_data option
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 15:33:13 EST

>       Lynx2-5 still mishandles the redirection, i.e., converts from
>POST to GET and drops the content, as if it had gotten a 303, even though
>it got a 302.  That's what the script is (incorrectly) expecting the
>browser to do.  I just tried it from here with a lynx2-5 image, and it
>worked, so that's not your problem.  Since I can't reproduce your problem
>with lynx2-5, I don't have another guess on what it might be.
>
>       But that FORM should be changed to use METHOD=GET, or its CGI
>script should be changed to return a 303 instead of 302 status.
>
>       If you've upgraded to v2.6, be sure to include the Composite
>replacements, or lynx2-6mods.zip replacements, so you are offered an
>option to treat the 302 as a 303, and can actually use that FORM.

Please pardon me for being thick.  Where is the definitive (at least related
to Lynx) discourse on the 302 v. 303, POST v. GET issues?  Is it only in the
Lynx Archives, or is there another source.

Private responses are OK by me if this is a really Dumb Question(rm).

--
Del Merritt, <a href=http://www.intranet.com/~del >**</a>     address@hidden
IntraNet, Inc., One Gateway Center #700, Newton, MA  02158