Re: LYNX-DEV I have a dream... (no, not THAT dream...)

From: Paul Gilmartin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV I have a dream... (no, not THAT dream...)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 23:26:56 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Larry W. Virden, x2487 said:

> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 04:53:40 -0500
>
> o submit the current URL to a WWW validation and style 'judging' service
> o have the results mailed to the current URLs contact or webmaster, with
>       me getting a courtesy cc

This is an excellent candidate for a "download filter" option, rather
than one more thing to clutter up Lynx itself.

However, such a filter must have access not only to the body of
the page, but also the headers, and especially the URL.

I have a family of mailcap entries which use the URL in an environment
variable that I define by the patch in:

        Lynx-Dev Archives: Re: LYNX-DEV Content-type??</a>

If I were more capable, I'd have made all the headers available
in the MM_HEADERS environment variable, just as metamail does.

-- gil
;
;