Re: LYNX-DEV mail

From: James Spath
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV mail
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 09:54:00 -0500

On Nov 16,  6:23am, address@hidden wrote:
} Thus, AGAIN: sure would be nice to be able to have
} my OWN lynx.cfg, real small, of JUST THOSE things
} that I want to DIFFER between my own use and the
} settings decided-upon by the sys-adm.
}
} Someone replied to my previous suggestion of this idea
} that these things could simply go into the user's ".lynxrc".

I use "lynx -cfg my-lynx-cfg".  It has worked since at least 2.3.7.
By stripping the comments out of the system-wide one with
a command like " grep -v '^#' lynx.cfg | grep -v '^$' ",
I get a starting file size that is very short.

Having local overrides would be simpler except for additive
settings such as DOWNLOADER.
--
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"