Re: LYNX-DEV pardon my french

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV pardon my french
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 08:09:31 +0000 (GMT)

> > Maybe you have a better version of lynx than I do, but
> > here is what I get via lynx 2.6:
>
> A lot of it has to do with your terminal.  Via most PC-based terminals, I
> get all kinds of characters instead of accent marks, but with MSKermit,
> all is well.

Some Linux builds of Lynx using curses, use the non-ASCII characters
as stand out (reverse video) characters, in which case, setting
7 bit approximations is the best that can be done.

Incidentally, David Combs' email violated RFC 821 by including them
as raw 8 bit codes; my ISP uses MMDF, which is pedantic on this point,
so I saw them as missing characters.
;
;