More anti-Lynx actions (Was: Re: LYNX-DEV SSL & Wells Fargo

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: More anti-Lynx actions (Was: Re: LYNX-DEV SSL & Wells Fargo
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 17:05:29 -0500

I have given up trying to convince the folk at <URL:http://www.newspage.com/>
that they should permit Lynx users to use the service completely.  To
individualize the news, one is told that since lynx doesn't support frames,
one can't use that feature.  Despite numerous explanations to the contrary,
newspage staff continue to insist that lynx just can't use the personalization
features.

Now, perhaps the _real_ reason is that they use JavaScript or Java; however
they have yet to say this - they continue to insist that it's _frames_ that
is the problem and despite my assurances to them that lynx can do frames,
they refuse to consider.

Interestingly enough, I don't seem to be able to find an alternate user
agent string that will let me get in to see if there is more that
is required.
;