Re: LYNX-DEV More on my "lynx ~/lynx_bookmarks.html" crash problem..

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV More on my "lynx ~/lynx_bookmarks.html" crash problem..
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:16:32 -0500 (EST)

Hynek Med <address@hidden> wrote:
>PS BTW, is lynx-2.6FM already a "version"? And would it be possible to put
>it somewhere on ftp? It was a horror to download it via http this
>afternoon from here.. Ftp is better, because it can do a "reget" so I
>don't have to start over again and again..

        It is not a "version", and you've been on this list long enough
to know better than to revive that issue.  The /dir/lynx cover page has
links to our gopher server, which is more efficient for large file
transfers, and to the http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/ mirror, which as
far as I can tell does not have the "NEARnet router glitches" which
plague us in central Massachusetts.  The .dk fote_mirror's sysadmin
has taken another position, so what's at that ftp site is old code,
and the link to it in "Lynx links" probably should be removed.  I had
asked David to discontinue the MOREnet ftp fote mirror when Hiram
started up the Composite for updates that are still both Unix and
VMS compatible, so that's not available at present either.

        I am not adverse to going into "final debugging phase" for
what is already in the FM code set and making it a v2.7 release.
It's been four months since the v2.6 release, and if I had not gone
on vacation from (de facto 8-) coordinating Lynx development, would
have released it as v2.7 by now.  Otherwise, we can just continue
as we've been doing since the Sept. 2, 1996 v2.6 release.

                                Fote