Lynx and local CGI

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Lynx and local CGI
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 14:39:39 -0500 (EST)

>     * From: Paul Wouters <address@hidden>
>
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to write a simple configuration program and I wanted to
>use lynx for that if possible, because it will be a lot easier to
>update some html, then it is to update a bunch of C code.
>On our servers we happily use the php cgi-bin for scripting. Is it
>possible to use lynx and call a 'local' cgi-bin? I guess in a way it
>is similar to local files, except that it will have to do a few
>environment settings which are normally done by the webserver.
>
>Is there a way to use lynx and pass data onto another script/cgi-bin?

Yes.  Read about it in "Supported URLs" in the Lynx H)elp for 2.6.

If you don't have a copy you can find it at Lynx links.  And you
can find that from lynx.browser.org .

If you try it and it isn't working for you, come back and ask
with details.

Al Gilman

PS: if you succeed, we want to know, too.  Maybe we should be
doing more of this (HTML scripting) for Lynx install/update
operations.