Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx and Wyse 50

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx and Wyse 50
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 09:53:18 +0900 (JST)

Thought I'd add two comments since I use to struggle with my terminal,
but found these work-arounds.

> has it, if you want to manually type in ESC [ A..D)

If you are lucky enough, your dial-in or telnet software may allow
you to define keys.  I use to log into an old Primos system over
telnet, and had eight command functions which were a bear to type
in, e.g., \EOP1^M.  My telnet software allowed me to define many
keys, including the function keys, so I defined f-1 to f-8 for
the functions I needed.  You might look into a solution like that.

> SCO's termcap/terminfo have an alternative definition for the Wyse 60,
> called "wy60ak".  What it does is to program the arrow keys to send

You might also look into the updated termcap/terminfo files by  Eric S.
Raymond which you can find through the link:
        http://www.ccil.org/~esr/ncurses.html.
There are not only some nice terminal definitions in there, but also
good documentation.

__Henry
;
;