Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:43:42 GMT

> Perhaps an even better idea is to let Lynx continue on it's path
> while spinning off a new project for those interested, using some OO
> language which is freely available on VMS/Unix/MSDOS-Windows and
> designing it do do the scrolling windows/better tables/other major
> rewrite features being requested.

That's a very interesting idea.  Is anyone interested in starting a
new project for an XML/HTML browser capable of handling DSSSL
stylesheets and XML-LINK hyperlinking?

I haven't been able to materially contribute to Lynx because I haven't
had the time to invest in untangling the code, but I would be more
useful on a new project.  I'm not a net person, really, but could do
parsing type things.

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden                  One Richmond Square
DynaText SIT Technical Support        Providence, RI 02906 USA