Re: LYNX-DEV Chartrans - forms

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Chartrans - forms
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:47:52 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Hynek Med wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:
>
> > > text/html;charset=windows-1250  D)ownload, or C)ancel
> > >
> > > How nice would it be to have there an I)gnore option too..
> >
> > I'll add that to my TODO list.  (Yes, I am starting one.)
> > But it shouldn't be necessary as much with chartrans compiled in
> > anyway.
>
> Thanks.

Are there still real-life situations where you get this prompt, when you
think you shouldn't?

Also, don't you think this refusal-to-show-but-offerto-download is
appropriate when the document charset would five something totally
unreadable for you?  WHich might be the case with some CJK charsets etc.

Also, I remember now the -assume_unrec_charset option, which I already put
in as something of a last resort for totally unrecognized "charset="
values in headers.  That may be useful if the server uses an unrecognized
name (like "windows-1252" :)) for a charset that Lynx, after all, *does*
recognize.  I can't say I have tested whether it works.

  Klaus

;
;