Re: LYNX-DEV TUCOWS, et al

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV TUCOWS, et al
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 06:39:02 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Scott McGee (Personal) wrote:
> >should I ask those folks to advertise Lynx?
> I'd wait until this release stablizes a bit more. Preferably at 2.8/3.0 which
> I hope is not too far distant (a few more weeks of hacking, a few more of
> alpha, maybe some beta - I guess it depends on if Rob is ready to throw
> his changes into the pot, and how the rest of you feel about the state of
> your own mods.)
> If it does look like the next version is a ways off, maybe let the tucows
> people know about the current w32 stuff, but with the provision that it
> be marked as pre-release development code.

Wayne said that would be fine with him, so I put a request in to be
listed in TUCOWS.  That "site" is for programs running under MS-Win
flavors, and only through the WinSock protocol.  So the W32 "stuff"
is all they would be interested in.  From the couple days I used it,
it's really more stable than most "beta" software (nice job, folks).

------
You realise this is going to be a complete waste of time don't you?

;
;