Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx w/ (simple) ncurses colors

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx w/ (simple) ncurses colors
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 17:10:49 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:
> that's been the "default" behavior since 1.9.8a (I usually override it).

It makes no sense to me.  If I force everything else to be installed
under /usr/local/ with --prefix= (in order to not override the system
version of curses/ncurses), I certainly don't expect the header files
to be overwritten in /usr/include instead of in /usr/local/include.
Please at least put an adequate warning in INSTALL and the output of
./configure --help.

> > However, popup form fileds don't work correctly.  They misbehave
> > in the same way as when I compiled with ncurses1.9.9e:
> >
> > The first ENTER lets the popup briefly, well, pop up in a flash,
> > then immediately disappear.  But pressing up- or down-arrow immediately
> > after that makes the selection list visible (as if it was really there,
> > just not shown.)  Moving the selection up and down within the list
> > then works normally, except that lines are first gray-on-black,
> > but black-on-gray after the selection (shown yellow-on-blue) has moved
> > over them.  This is all with the default colors (COLOR lines commented
> > out in lynx.cfg.)
> If I can see what you're talking about I can (probably) fix it -- there's
> a lot of #ifdef's for slang that should have been for a more general case
> (though some will stay for slang-only, since they address its quirks).
>
> Do you have a .html file that I can look at (to use as a test-case)?

Any page with a valid SELECT form field "popup" will do (unless it has
a MULTIPLE attribute, or popups are disabled with -popup).
For an arbitrary example, <URL: http://www.accentsoft.com/>.

  Klaus

;
;