Re: LYNX-DEV RP code works on Solaris

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV RP code works on Solaris
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 05:45:00 -0400 (EDT)

> Here's the target I used for Solaris, without bothering to check if it
> made sense:
>
> develop-solaris-ncurses:
> It mostly works.  I'm not having much luck with color, but the
> bold/italic/etc styles work pretty well.  It seems to use underlined y's
> with umlauts, instead of flashing numbers, for the reverse status
> line.  I'm displaying this over a rlogin session to the Solaris machine
> from a color-xterm running on a Linux machine displaying on an HP-UX
> workstation.  I'll try simplifying that a bit to see if I can make CS
> work.
Klaus reported something like that (the y's).  If you're unable to make
sense of it, try running 'script' to collect a typescript file, and send
it (uuencoded) to me for a sanity check.

> This is with ncurses 1.9.9g, and Solaris 2.5.1 on an Ultra-2 (2200).
>
> Oh, and Solaris make really complains about the spaces on the "linux-style"
> target which is right after develop, so change them to tabs (it refuses
> to do anything at all, regardless of what target you try, until you change
> the spaces).
afaik, gnu make is the only UNIX make that allows spaces in that context.
(I'm well aware of some non-UNIX make programs that do that).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden