Re: LYNX-DEV Re: ...vulnerability in Lynx...

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: ...vulnerability in Lynx...
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 09:18:06 -0500

[sticky bit]

 ] it's an extension peculiar (afaik) to the sysv-based os's:

I just checked a (circa 1987, will be turned off for the last time
in June) Gould NP1 machine running 4.3BSD and it supports both sticky
directories and sticky files.

As far as where it's located, note that it's located where the
"set other id" bit would be located if it existed, but it got
pre-empted for the "sticky file" meaning way back, AFAIK.

I think that sticky directories came along about the same time as
TCP/IP did (but I'm probably wrong).

BTW, I just checked, and there isn't any real magic behind mkstemp.
But I see no way we can safely make temp directories.

--jss.
;
;