Re: LYNX-DEV Helping the novice user with lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Helping the novice user with lynx
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 22:45:32 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, context-sensitive help would be better help.

That is one reason why I want preference control recast as an
HTML application.  Then you can have fully connected cycles of
topical navigation targets in the "operate, explain, and tweak"
classes of dialog contexts.

Here a dialog context may be one line or one HTML document,
mostly.  With the awkward exception of TEXAREAs.

As a first step, we can convert the serial-integers naming of
anchors in the User's Guide into a structured, mnemonic naming
scheme, so that paragraph references from screens generated by
the code will survive the insertion of new paragraphs in the
document.

--
Al Gilman

;