Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.netbuyer.com

From: Tod Weitzel and his Orchestra
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.netbuyer.com
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 18:04:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 19 May 1997, John E. Davis wrote:

> Is there any way to get lynx to lie about the browser and tell the
> server that it is really netscape?

Yup! Go to (O)ptions from the main screen, go to User (A)gent, and type
Mozilla/3.01 (Win95,I) (At least that's what I usually use.) You are now
using Netscape 3.01 for Shell.

Lately, I've been ambling around with Lynx set to Mozilla/5.0d (Win95, I).
I wonder if I'll get any responses from clueless webmasters who want to
design for Netscape 5. (Simple! Strip out all your graphics, frames, java,
etc..)

-Tw?