Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Table support in lynx

From: tzeruch
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Table support in lynx
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 16:43:01 -0400

On Fri, 23 May 1997, Pete Ruczynski wrote:

> > > The only thing which really bugs me about it is lack of table support.
> >
> > Perhaps what you mean is "lack of table support to the degree I want"?
>
> Point taken, yes that's what I mean.  As I said I can understand the
> difficulties involved but it would be nice to see things side by side
> as intended,  I guess it would involve introducing sideways scrolling
> which would be the biggest problem.
>
> Anyway, you've probably had numerous discussions about this so I'll
> shut up.  Can you point me to any relevant past articles?

somewhere I created a lxtab proxy that uses an awk script parser to
prerender tables.  Not clean, but it does work.

> > > I also noticed a suggestion to support the applet tag, is this in
> > > the pipeline?
> >
> > It's doubtful much will be done with this.

> Seems a shame, surely it should be fairly straight forward to add
> support similar to the way that image support works, i.e. to run
> appletviewer when invoked, you need a little more work to pick up the
> parameter block but other than that it should be simple.

linux has a mechanism for running html documents containing <APPLET> tags
directly.  Check out the binfmt_java in the kernel source tree, and follow
it up.  It isn't perfect, but it may be possible to integrate something at
that level (save-and-execute).

;
;