Re: Draft CERT bulletin (was Re: LYNX-DEV security.html)

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: Re: Draft CERT bulletin (was Re: LYNX-DEV security.html)
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 17:14:24 -0500

Tom Dickey wrote:
 ] I've done a couple of test-builds of Fote's current version.  There's a few
 ] build issues (some platforms need tweaking) that should be reviewed before
 ] any release, and certainly more testing against a relatively stable source.

Okay.

We are considering three options as I see it:

 1. release fotemods as a new version, pointers to it in the bulletin
or
 2. backport /tmp fixes to 2.7.1, package them plus download fixes into a
    separate patch set, pointers to patch set in bulletin
or
 3. same as 2 except distribute a complete codeset instead of a patch set
    and call it 2.7.2.

I think "3" is the best idea right now.  Other ideas/opinions/votes would
be a good idea.

I did some new drafts this PM, same place as on Monday.

--jss.
;
;