LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 16:59:36 -0500 (EST)

        An update of fotemods.zip is available in:

        http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/patches/

1997-07-14
* Yet more tweaks of the cookie support.  We include $PATH and/or $DOMAIN
  attribute/value pairs in Cookie request headers only when their values
  were set explicitly via a server's Set-Cookie and/or Set-Cookie2 reply
  headers (and the cookies are $VERSION="1" or greater). - FM
* Added support for IFRAME homologous (but not identical) to that for FRAME.
  It is handled as a block with a blank line before and after style, and
  with margins and default alignment inherited from the containing block,
  division, or span.  The IFRAME rendition always begins with an emphasized
  "IFRAME: " label followed by the NAME attribute's value, if present, or
  the URL for the SRC attribute, serving as a link for the SRC, followed
  on a new line by any rendered IFRAME content. - FM
* Added handling of LEGEND elements.  The content is rendered in place,
  as for CAPTION elements, since we don't have multiple pass inlining
  capabilites.  Hopefully, if the LEGEND is intended to be ALIGN-ed at
  the "top" or "bottom" of the associated insert, the author will place
  the LEGEND element above or below it, respectively.  Note that LABEL
  elements similarly are rendered in place, and will be displayed
  interpretably only if the INPUT to which the LABEL's "for" attribute
  refers, immediately follows the LABEL element. - FM
* Added recognition of BUTTON elements, and handling of them (sorta :)
  when they are TYPE="submit" or TYPE="reset" in forms.  The default
  "submit" or "reset" string, or the value of a VALUE attribute, if
  present, is embedded in parentheses and used for the link, and the
  content is simply rendered and displayed in place.  Until we see what
  kind of markup the real world puts in such elements, it's too risky
  to try to use that rendition as the link.  Also, the W3C's HTML 4.0
  draft presently is very fuzzy about whether, and if so, when, an IMG
  element in the BUTTON content should be treated as an image map, so
  the present code doesn't try to cast any submitted BUTTON name/value
  pairs into the format for INPUTs with TYPE="image".  When the BUTTON
  is a script control rather than submit or reset button, a "[BUTTON]"
  pseudo-ALT is inserted to warn users of its presence, but the form
  is not disabled.  The W3C's HTML 4.0 draft makes scripting intrinsic,
  with no SGML-based fallbacks if it is not available or is disabled by
  security-conscious sites.  Dave Raggett of the W3C replied to criticisms
  of this in address@hidden by saying that he wished it have been
  otherwise, but "market forces" prevailed (Sigh...  I take back my NOTE
  of 1997-07-11.). - FM

                                Fote