Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-7-1

From: Hynek Med
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-7-1
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 23:52:18 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Christopher Michael DiLeo wrote:

> The lynx that is made works fine except for the fact that once i have
> highlighted a link, and move to another, the visited ones stay lit. When
> the screen jumps, the links reset, but while navigating around agiven
> page, it is nasty to look at several highlighted words.

This annoying bug has been fixed in Fote's patches
(http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/fote), and I think in the current development
code (http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/) too.

> I have successfully compile several other programs. And i tried using
> both gcc and cc. My only guesses to this point are as follows:
>
> 1) Lynx is not happy with my system.

Give the development code a try. It's compilation system is based on GNU
autoconf, it should give better results..

> 2) My curses library is not working right.

Many native curses are broken, try ncurses or slang. The development
code's autoconf does some checks for broken curses implementation, so it
should give better results, I guess.

Hynek

PS Note that the development code and Fote's patches are really
development code, so it may can be less stable than normal lynx releases.
(My personal experience is that it's both fairly stable nevertheless.)

--
Hynek Med, address@hidden

;