Re: LYNX-DEV A little Lynx/2 help needed

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV A little Lynx/2 help needed
Date: 27 Sep 1997 19:28:34 -0600

>>>>> "d" == dwoodall  <address@hidden> writes:

d>      Figuring I had worn out my welcome with
d> address@hidden in getting the installation accomplished,
d> I thought I would try to finish the job here.

Well, actually, your questions are still going to find their way to me
if you're posting them here.

d>      Well, after loading the above, I saw I need to do a little editing. I
d> also had to do a little editing on the lynx.cfg file.  However, it still
d> did not help me figure out how to gain access to the "bookmark.htm" file
d> so I can connect to the URL of my choice.

I didn't really bother to check your index file and jumps files
settings, though I will later.

If you want to always start out from your Netscape bookmark file, why
not change the WWW_HOME variable to file:///g:/netscape/bookmark.htm?

Or, you may wish to, after Lynx starts up, type 'g', and enter
file:///g:/netscape/bookmark.htm and hit return.  Then add your
Netscape bookmarks to your Lynx bookmarks file by typing 'a' then 'd'
(then enter).  Use 'v' to access your Lynx bookmarks.

--
Jason F. address@hidden
I hope  we shall ...  crush  in its birth  the  aristocracy of our moneyed

;