Re: LYNX-DEV reconstructiong old versions

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV reconstructiong old versions
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 05:28:13 -0500 (EST)

> Well Tom created patches for me to download, and I tried applying
> the updates -- but this  has gotten to be quite harry as the
> changes are massive.
>
> This may be a dumb question but is there a tool that will
> take a diff file and a base file and produce an updated file?
The program is called "patch".   Look on prep.ai.mit.edu for 2.5 (2.1
was for some time the standard, but 2.5 is acceptable.  Intermediate
versions are not - too many bugs for production work).

> This would presumably be safer than doing it by hand.
and a lot faster.

for related info, look in my scripts directory:
        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/scripts/readme.html

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden