Re: LYNX-DEV: require actual YES for "Q" cmd.

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: require actual YES for "Q" cmd.
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:49:20 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, David Combs wrote:
>The Q cmd should require a full "y e s" spelled
>out.
>Too darned easy to type in the wrong thing.
>Instead of typing H to go back, you hit qdp --
>oops, you are OUT, lynx is gone.

No way.  You're missing the simple (and human-interfacely correct) solution.

It should default to NO.  You always default to the safe thing.

You should have to explicitly type a y or Y (or a whole string beginning with
a y or Y, if you want to keep the same kind of command interface).

Requiring *me* to type _more_ because you mistype is not a good thing.
(I usually use Q anyway to avoid the damn "modal dialog", since that's
effectively what it is.)