Re: LYNX-DEV: require actual YES for "Q" cmd.

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: require actual YES for "Q" cmd.
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 01:04:27 -0500 (EST)

980129 David Combs wrote about the fact that his sysadmin-installed Lynx
exits upon any reply to  q (lower-case)  other than  n :
> 980129 Michael Warner & Philip Webb pointed out:
> From userdefs.h:
>
> /********************************
>  * If QUIT_DEFAULT_YES is defined then when the QUIT command is
>  * entered,
>  * any response other than n or N will confirm.  Comment this out if
>  * you prefer the more conservative action of requiring an explicit
>  * Y or y to confirm.
>  */
> #define QUIT_DEFAULT_YES

> Please: why in the world is this a COMPILE-TIME option???????
> This is exactly the kind of thing that should be a USER option
> different USERS will want this set differently.

i agree with all  7  of David's question marks.

as i said yesterday,  lynx.cfg  &  userdefs.h  need further cleaning-up.
we need to discuss what should be in each & remove most duplications;
i'll see if i can manage to go thro' them & make proposals.

we certainly need to move  QUIT_DEFAULT_YES  to  lynx.cfg :
at least this one should be done for 2-8.