Re: LYNX-DEV: require actual YES for "Q" cmd.

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: require actual YES for "Q" cmd.
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:59:01 -0500 (EST)

980130 Brian Tillman wrote:
> 980129 Philip Webb wrote:
> >as i said yesterday,  lynx.cfg  &  userdefs.h  need further cleaning-up.
> >we need to discuss what should be in each & remove most duplications;
> I _like_ having many things defined in BOTH places.
> This gives me the option of having the defaults I want _compiled_ in
> so that I can supply a minimum lynx.cfg for most people
> containing just that stuff that needs to be in lynx.cfg,
> while still being able to override the compile time info
> with a more extensive lynx.cfg for those who need it.

this misses both my points:
(1) it's not clear all the options are now in the right file:
    QUIT_ON_YES (whatever) is clearly in the wrong file;
(2) a lot of people (a majority?) installing Lynx do so only for themselves
    & have no need for the options for sysadmins & their customers:
    Henry has sorted out the files to help with this,
    but more effort is needed -- i know i must contribute -- ,
    so that we don't have to plough thro' lots of irrelevant lines;
    we now have Lynx for DOS & Win32,
    both of which are for single users only, surely.