LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1 w/cookies still doesn't work with Yahoo services

From: Michael Bennett
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1 w/cookies still doesn't work with Yahoo services
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:05:00 -0800

Hi, great that Lynx 2.7.1 now supports cookies, but it still doesn't
work with the cookies that Yahoo sets for some reason.  Is this
something that can be fixed?

As an example, go to http://quote.yahoo.com then select on
"Register/Log In".  You can try the test account "sumthree"
with password "lynx" on the following.  When selecting "LOGIN"
on this page, Lynx returns:

  Server asked for redirection of opst content to ...
  P)roceed, use G)et or C)ancel

Chosing either Proceed or Get fails, Lynx doesn't seem to accept
the cookies that are set during the process.  Our guess is that
Lynx isn't allowing cookies to be set with a 302 response which
our system requires (and Netscape and IE support, of course).

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Mike Bennett
Technical Yahoo
(408)731-3367