Re: LYNX-DEV Centering tables not working as before

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Centering tables not working as before
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 14:47:36 +0000 (GMT)

Without passing comment on the Lynx rendering...

I would try this on the KGV validator.  It's implicitly HTML 2.0, but
contains non-HTML 2.0 constructs, so it would get thrown out very quickly.

It also has an unmatched </P> as <CENTER>, being an alias for DIV, terminates
the <P>.  TABLE may also terminate P, but I'd have to check.

Finally, you've used TD..STRONG, to achieve the effect of TH.

I can't see how you can process the ALIGNs on the TDs without a rather more
general implementation of tables.

(My guess is that, if this was a deliberate change, it is because
real tables stand more chance of the columns aligning if they are left
justified.)