Re: LYNX-DEV 2-7/2-8 changes of scenery

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2-7/2-8 changes of scenery
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 16:36:03 -0500 (EST)

> i used 2-8 for my daily read of the newspapers today
> & discovered  2  changes from 2-7 (SIC), one good, the other less good.
> any comments on why these things have changed & their utility/otherwise?
no - I know that the issue about the difference in table rendition from
a week or two ago was due to differences in error handling.  perhaps this
is the same - or perhaps it is a feature of one or the other.

but unless Fote goes back to developing (and makes a 2.7.3 or 2.8.1 or
whatever), I would treat 2.7.2 as a fixed reference; we'll be looking at
it to see what it does better (or worse) and making improvements.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden