LYNX-DEV Lynx glossary (was makefile depend)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx glossary (was makefile depend)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 23:19:37 -0500 (EST)

980319 Thomas Dickey wrote:
>980319 David Combs wrote:
>> Please explain: in what way is rebuilding different from building
-- snip --
>> I guess the answer should go into the doc?
> I dunno - maybe we need a glossary.

yup, we DO need a glossary:
would Al Gilman be willing to keep it along with his excellent FAQs?
we could start with a list of obvious beginners' problem-words,
then add things when people ask: "Wozzat?"
it would then be referred/linked to from on-line help, INSTALLATION etc.
there is a very wide disparity of knowledge/experience
even among lynx-dev regulars, let alone users' inquiries.