LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums"

From: Howard Kaikow
Subject: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums"
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:46:10 -0500

More and more "forums" are being set up at wen sites.

These forums usually allow you to post/reply messages.
When doing so with Lynx, I usually see a very limited text entry mechanism
that allows, perhaps, a few lines of text to be entered.

It would be more effective if I could prepare such postings off line and
then paste or include a file with the desired text into the forum's text
entry area.

However, when I do that, I usually see that the end of lines or buffer size
results in the text buffer being filled up and the remaining characters
used as if I had typed them as Lynx commands.

For example, just yesterday, I used a forum at www.wopr.com and when I
tried to paste a "short" message, I ended up with Lynx asking me to set up
YModem to download the posted message to my PC. Actually, the message had
not been posted, but there was confusion between Lynx and the web site.

What is the appropriate way to prepare text offline so that it may be
entered into such forums?