Re: LYNX-DEV Who do you download from lynx on the road?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Who do you download from lynx on the road?
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 19:24:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, jungle wrote:

> wise men but you have no answers to enlighten me with). Running lynx on my
> own computer is a real super slow process "8mgz" system, Lets say you go to

The problem seems straightforward. You want to use lynx for internet
access, but you don't have a Macintosh telnet client that allows kermit
or zmodem downloads, and you don't want to run maclynx on your own
computer. I believe that there are only two solutions. The first is
to find a Macintosh telnet client that supports zmodem or kermit.
BetterTelnet is planning this for a future release, but doesn't have it
now. The second and simplest answer may be to change your ISP to one
that has a shell account in addition to PPP. Then you can run lynx from
the shell account and save any file to your home computer via kermit or
zmodem transfer via your comm program; or save to your shell account and
later transfer to your home computer. The downside is that you would
have to learn some unix commands to manage the shell account. This is
somewhat foreign for Mac users, but not that difficult.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)