lynx-dev Altavista E-Mail

From: David McLean
Subject: lynx-dev Altavista E-Mail
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 15:58:11 -0400

Greetings,

Has anyone been able to successfully sing up for and use the Altavista free
e-mail service using Lynx?

When I tried I couldn't get past the first page of the form. I then used
Internet Explorer to sign up and that worked. After that I tried using Lynx
to get into the site and I kept getting a message which said I had entered
an invalid id (I needed to add the portion after the at sign(@)). Once
again I was able to enter the site with IE 3.02.

I had heard that there is a parse setting in Lynx which can be toggled via
ctrl+v. I tried this also without success.

This would be a great site to get to with Lynx if it can be made to work so
if anyone has any info I'd appreciate hearing about it.

thanks.
       Dave McLean (address@hidden)