lynx-dev Re: lynx_w32.zip feedback

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: lynx-dev Re: lynx_w32.zip feedback
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:46:05 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
>>Foteos Macrides <address@hidden> wrote:
>>[...]
>>     In src/HTFWriter.c there is code for modifying the characteristics
>>of files downloaded to VMS.  Using that as a model, it would appear what
>>is needed for the DOS/WIN/NT ports is code to check if the the downloaded
>>file is text/*, and if so, something to "flip" it from streamLF to native
>>DOS format.
>
>You don't always know if the downloaded stream is text/*.

        The MIME type of the object is passed to the functions in HTFWriter.c
and the model code to which I referred uses it.  In the case of an ftp
'd'ownload, for which the server does not indicate the MIME type and the
object may have defaulted to text/plain due to the absence of a suffix map,
the user can be prompted about whether to do a "flip".

>                                                           I suggest you
>save your creativity for new features in lynx.

        I suggest you henceforth communicate with the current Hon Kays of
like kind, do not post any more messages directed to me, and simply delete
any messages you see from me.

                                        Fote
--
Foteos Macrides (address@hidden during April, '98)