lynx-dev Problems with auto-configure

From: thomas
Subject: lynx-dev Problems with auto-configure
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 20:50:49 +0200

Hi there,

I´m Thomas from Wolfsburg (yes, the VOLKSWAGEN-Capital in Germany) and I´m glad
that there is someone who cares about my LYNX-problems (I hope).

I´m system administrator and my company wants to take the first steps in
developing a form of an intranet. We have a UNIX-server (SIEMENS-NIXDORF
RM600-E60 running with SINIX 5.43 C20) an about 200 user with alpha-terminals.

I downloaded LYNX 2.8 and copied into /usr/lynx/ (user: root, autorization:
drwxrwxrwx). After reading the manuals :-/ I started auto-configure
(./configure) and got the following messages on the screen:

checking host system type ... mips-sni-sysv4
checking for gcc ... no
checking for cc ... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc) works ... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem:
 C compiler cannot create executables.

Then the program stopped.

The errormessage-file contains the following lines:

configure:589: checking host system type
configure:614: checking for gcc
configure:643: checking for cc
configure:691: checking whether the C compiler (cc ) works
configure:705: cc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
[fatal]:        2310 C-IC licence/key information missing 20
[error]:        9025 cc : frontend error while compiling file ´conftest.c´
configure: failed program was:
#line 701 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
main(){return(0);}

Although I´ve read all help-files, faqs etc. I was able to get, I have no
idea how to eliminate this error.

I´d be happy if you´ll answer me. Thanks a lot.

Dear Thomas
                address@hidden

(sorry for the quantity of words, but Germany is still e-mail stone-age)