Re: lynx-dev PRINT OPTIONS PROBLEM

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev PRINT OPTIONS PROBLEM
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 10:14:16 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Larry W. Virden, x2487 said:

> Perhaps the work on the option screen should go this route?

One possible variation on this approach would be that we not
extend the set of lynx-internal URL types, but rather that we use
the existing lynxcgi URL type and create one or more predefined
CGIs that are actually executed by the lynx code internally and
do the preferences management.  Then the code that generates the
HTML form for option updating doesn't have to extend HTML
further, it merely has to identify as its ACTION one of the
lynx-reserved URLs for the predefined internal CGIs.  Lynx can
reserve URIs in this namespace pretty safely.  Things like
lynxcgi://localhost/lynxroot/lib/foo.cgi .

Al