Re: lynx-dev Zipped help (was Re: [2.8.1dev21] patch: Cosmetic changes t

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Zipped help (was Re: [2.8.1dev21] patch: Cosmetic changes to internal pages)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 18:18:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Michael
Warner wrote:

> This reminds of something I was wondering about concerning the
> Win32 port.  A few months ago I tried out a copy, just to see
> how it looked, and I believe the help filename extensions were
> truncated to ".htm", but the helpfiles had the ".html" form in
> the anchors.  Am I misremembering, or was that an aberration in
> that version only, or is this another case where an alternate
> version of the help files is needed?  Since I don't remember

I can't be sure about the Win32 port, but MSDOS truncates names larger
than 8+3. Lynx tolerates this and recognizes .htm and .jpe when the
html URL specifies .html and .jpeg. If I remember correctly, since the
.html suffix is handled differently by lynx, .htm is also in the lynx
code for special handling.
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman