lynx-dev Re: Horrible mis-feature on "L" page!

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Horrible mis-feature on "L" page!
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:11:48 +0100

(27/08/1998 12:10) David Combs:

>How about this: an asterisk at the left if we have already
>visited the place.

Good idea. Maybe making the number bold would be nicer.

>And MAYBE the "title" of those places either:
>. appended to the right?
>. on 2nd line?
>. avail by separate command (I keep saying we need
>    a way to have multiple-char commands, like
>    vi does)
>. toggle local to that page, that can toggle the
>    addrs back and forth between the two types.
>   (maybe three types: one without the asterisk,
>    enabling auto-processing by perl or sed, etc)
>  Suggested char: backslash, which has no current
>    use on THAT (L) page.

Well when I think the name 'list page' _again_ I thought why don't we
reverse the display method i.e If we see URL on "the page", status line
should show the title. If it is empty just put <NO TITLE>. BTW, in
normal behaviour we see the same URL both on the page and on the status
line; which can defined as a waste of space.

I am sure it is not that difficult to _add_ it, but again this is one of
heavily used UIP. Changing anything in it to something which is
completely different is a radical move.

Not for me BTW, seeing a page upside-down/anchor-title (-: can be useful.

Sinan.