lynx-dev Header alignment problems

From: David Henderson
Subject: lynx-dev Header alignment problems
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 17:01:28 -0500 (CDT)

When headers are included within a DIV or a TABLE, they are always
displayed flush-left unless ALIGN=center or =right is used.  This should
not happen.

I believe this is happening because both DIV and TABLE are setting the
alignment of all embedded things to LEFT by default, rather than leaving
them at their "default default".  So instead of seeing H3's indented two
spaces, we see them all the way at the left indistinguishable from an H2.
(Basically, all headers are being displayed with the HLEFT style.)

I will try to find how to stop this from occurring, but if anyone has
pointers on where I should start investigating the code, I'd appreciate
the help.

David Henderson
--
Star Trek: New Frontier?  Psi Phi!  See http://www.psiphi.org/NF/?lynx
for detailed news and analyses of the "Star Trek: New Frontier" series
<*> davidh at psiphi.org, davidh at imsa.edu, davidh at cyberdesic.com