Re: lynx-dev Lynx colors

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx colors
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 21:50:13 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm using lynx in color and I wonder if there is a way to
> make the background go away? I want it to stay the same
> as my default screen color, magenta. (White text on magenta)
> There's nothing in the .lynxrc file that sets colors but I
> would be happy to add it, if it's possible. The way it is
> now, the background is sometimes sort of off-white and it's
> awkward to read the color text when the screen is two colors
> in the background.
that's the "--enable-default-colors" configure option, which relies
on your terminal supporting the ANSI SGR 39 and 49 (which reset the
terminal foreground/background colors to "default").  That would
be something like
        op=\E[39m\E49m
in the terminfo.

(It works for about half the color terminal emulations, including
XFree86 xterm and rxvt).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden