lynx-dev Bugs in 2.8.1pre.1

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev Bugs in 2.8.1pre.1
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 08:20:58 -0700 (PDT)

There are 2 bugs that I have found in 2.8.1pre.1, one of which I
reported some time ago (but still present). The old bug is the change
in color of highlighted link in the DOS port with slang when the
forms-option menu is saved with color off for a second time. This
changes the color from COLOR 6 to COLOR 2 (underline+reverse to
reverse only). No problem is seen with the screen-based option menu.
I have tried looking at trace files, but haven't isolated the problem
yet.

The new bug (actually present at least since dev.23) is seen in the
unix and DOS ports. If invoked as "lynx -localhost", an attempt to
download a link that is not on the local host via the "d" command
results in showing the dowload screen, with the current file no longer
on the stack, but available as the downloaded file. I only tested this
from my initial screen. I'll have to see what happens if this is not
the first link activated.
                           Doug

__
Doug Kaufman