lynx-dev mouse support

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: lynx-dev mouse support
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 20:00:16 -0800 (PST)

Hello !!

  I finally acomplished to compile lynx with mouse support in my xterm.
It's great. I am using OSF1 goedel3 V4.0 878 alpha. I had to compile using
slang, since ncurses 4.2 never got to work with lynx. I actually used the
following version from ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slang,

Apr 24  1998  octet-stream     slang1.2.2.tar.gz  532Kb

  My version of lynx is 2.8.1rel.2. When a new version of ncurses appears
I will compile lynx with it. I hope that timw will work better. The only
thing I lost was that pop-up menus do not have a border, they look empty.
Actually given that I get to use the mouse I consider it a small
inconvenience.

  Here are my questions/suggestions:

 * I would like to define a button of the mouse to pop-up a menu (or
   shift+button), and would like to be able to define that menu by myself,
   so for example I could open my bookmaks using the mouse. Hopefully I
   could access any item in the menu just moving the mouse.

 * I would like that when lynx asks me a question I can answer it by
   clicking on the option that lynx is giving me. For example when it says
   something like "application/blah-blah D)ownload C)ancel ?" I would like
   to be able to use the mouse to answer the question.

 Thanks a lot, have a great day!

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html