Re: lynx-dev UnixWare 2.1.2 pre-compiled Binary

From: Jason Sizemore
Subject: Re: lynx-dev UnixWare 2.1.2 pre-compiled Binary
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 17:18:35 -0500

{SNIP}

> > So much has changed in the Makefile since then that I'm a bit lost (I'm
> > used to linking the slang libraries at the top of the Makefile and
> > adding -DNO_SIZECHANGE in the "unixware-slang" section, but I don't see
> > this in the most recent source.)
>
> does the size-change code not work on that platform, or does it not compile?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, in 2-7-1, adding -DNO-SIZECHANGE was needed
in order to compile. However, this did not work in 2-7-2, so I stuck
with the previous version until I found out that a more massive update
(2-8-1) has been made.

> > I have not tried autoconfig since it never worked for me
> > before...Perhaps I'll try it and see if it'll be nice to me this time
> > around.
>
> 2.8.1's almost guaranteed to _not_ build with the old (pre-autoconf)
> Makefile, since I've not looked at it for almost a year.  If there's
> problems building with the current configuration, they'll be relatively
> minor (I can advise you).

Yeah, auto-conf did not work in the 2.7.2 source, either. Perhaps there
is a remote possibility that the 2-8-1 source will compile "out of the
box", sort a speak, but with my luck, I doubt it. I'll give it a whirl.
=)

--Jason Sizemore