Re: lynx-dev "Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host"

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host"
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:39:24 +0900 (JST)

> Alert!:  Unable to connect to remote host.

I know nothing about AIX, but on SunOS, this normally means that the
resolver routines have not been properly linked in.  If your patches/
upgrade installed a new "bind" or other DNS, that is where I would
look.  In particular, if you have a new bind, be sure to use their
library, i.e., link with -lbind.

> lynx: Can't access start file http:/www.upenn.edu/

Set your STARTFILE (in lynx.cfg) to a local file to first see if Lynx
is working properly.  Something like: file://localhost/somepath/startfile.html.

__Henry