Re: lynx-dev heads-up: INSTALLATION.old / MAKEFILE.old broken?

From: der Mouse
Subject: Re: lynx-dev heads-up: INSTALLATION.old / MAKEFILE.old broken?
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:37:30 -0500 (EST)

>> I see three alternatives: (1) I did something boneheaded; (2) the
>> non-configure way is broken; (3) the non-configure way is no longer
>> supported.

> It's case(3) as far as unix goes.

I was afraid of that.  Well, maybe configure won't make any mistakes
that need correcting with blunt instruments...I can hope.

> What doc files need fixing and where?

lynx2-8/INSTALLATION:

I. General configuration instructions (all ports).
...[steps 1 through 6]
II. Compile instructions -- UNIX
...[steps 1a through 1e]
2. Manual compile
    If auto-configure does not work for you, or you prefer to compile
    Lynx manually, "docs/Makefile.old" will serve as a template for the
    top-level Makefile, and instructions on how to compile are given in
    "docs/INSTALLATION.old".

                                        der Mouse

                               address@hidden