lynx-dev Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH)

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 10:43:42 -0800

On Sun, Feb 07, 1999, Doug Kaufman (address@hidden) said:

| It is useful for DOS, but I don't know how many people will make use
| of it. My KEYMAP page now shows, for example, the hex codes applying
| to ALT-X for ABORT and F1 for HELP. To interpret the hex codes, you
| would need to look up the corresponding key in the djgpp.key or
| pdcurses.key file (whichever is appropriate for that build). The
| *.key files in the docs subdirectory show the keymapping for the 3
| possible ways to build the DOS port: pdcurses, slang, or slang with
| DJGPP keyhandler. I believe that Wayne usually builds with PDCurses. I
| usually build with SLang with the DJGPP keyhandler. It is the default
| mappings of these values that I was worried about with the changes to
| LYKeymaps.c.

Perhaps a large, detailed comment block preceeding the keymap structs
explaining all the nuances and sensitivities of the mapping, ifdef's,
etc, would be a useful thing to put in the code.

In particular, explaining how to add/change/delete codes in the future,
might help to avoid problems like the one currently under discussion.

Since you seem to be an expert on such matters, perhaps you could take
a few minutes (!) to write something up ... :-) ...?

/kim