Re: lynx-dev Re: 8-bit characters in EDITTEXTAREA

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: 8-bit characters in EDITTEXTAREA
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 00:14:17 -0500 (EST)

In my previous mail I was running 281rel2.
(I've been away from lynx for a number of weeks and haven't been keeping up
on email.)
I have now upgraded to 282dev16 and I get the same behavior.

The question still remains as to how charsets should be
handled wrt text entry fields.  The most intuitive approach (n my mind)
would be to accept input in assumed charset (which would also be the value
submitted in the form) but translated to display charset for output to
the screen, unless raw mode is ON.
What is your view?
I haven't consulted any relevant docs as yet.  Perhaps it's written somewhere.

--le

PS: BTW -- has anyone updated the ssl patches for 282dev*?
    The last patch file doesn't work with dev16.