Re: lynx-dev follow-link bug

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev follow-link bug
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:14:54 -0500 (EST)

990305 Laura Eaves wrote:
> It was dev19, which I downloaded from slcc lynx/current.

apparently dev.18 vanished faster than a subatomic particle ...

> I think I know where the problem is, but please point me to the page
> that is giving u the problem so I can test the change.

i believe i was simply reading Financial Times when i started noticing it:
i was going thro' their long menus of articles, reading some,
when i found the strange effect i described.
you have to register for FT, tho' it's free & well worth the small trouble.

> This is turning out to be pickier than I expected.
> But there is an easy way to fix it without touching any sensitive code.

i note your later patch & will try it out tonight when i wake up
-- my sleep cycle is probably unique in the history of the species --
& have grabbed dev.19, which will hopefully stay around a day or two ...

between your coding & my testing we're adding something useful to Lynx:
this is why co-op software is more resilient than M$ & its ilk.