Re: lynx-dev Removing HTPasswd.* HTAuth.* HTAAServ.*: rationale

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Removing HTPasswd.* HTAuth.* HTAAServ.*: rationale
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:02:38 +0900 (JST)

> It is perfectly safe to remove these six files from the distribution,
> after snipping one line from HTRules.c and changing the makefile.
> I can submit a patch for the CommonMakfile and HTRules.c changes if

I'd like to be sure a record of these patches is kept somewhere in
case they don't get integrated right away.  It would be a real waste
if all this work is lost and forgotten.

John, I have sort of been getting cryptic messages from Tom that he
would like to start putting a lid on things to move towards a release.
I hope Tom will confirm that one way or the other.  Since Tom is the
de facto integrater, we need to go by his schedule.  If Tom wants to
work 99% on ironing out the bugs, then it might be wise to hold off
on your changes until the the climate is more receptive.  (Of course
you may have reasons that you can't wait -- in that case, then by all
means go ahead.)

__Henry