lynx-dev Lynx 2.8 vs. 2.3?

From: The Pokie Hokie
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8 vs. 2.3?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 9:27:48 -0400

Hello Lynx,

    Using lynx v2.8rel.2, I am unable to "link" to items in an item
list (<LI> tag) when the tag is (incorrectly) placed before the high-
lighted text rather than the anchor tag.  However, a local service using
Lynx v2.3 does not have this problem.  It seems tedious to have to
switch to an obsolete service to secure linking to the items, and I
wonder if there is a LYNX.CFG setting I can use to secure access from
my v2.8 Lynx.  Can you assist me?  The LYNX.CFG file is 1759 lines &
would be time-consuming to check, especially if it turns out that I've
no option, or that it lurks elsewhere.

    You may need to know that I'm running Lynx v2.8rel.2 on an Alpha 3000/600
running VMS7.1 -- as is the v2.3 service.  The URL in question is:

        http://stars.gsfc.nasa.gov/www/iso_lasp/iso9000.html -- ISO 9000 & LASP

        Thanks for your help,

        John Bogert (The Pokie Hokie),

Goddard Space Flight Center            |  301-552-2681 (home)
     Mail Stop 686.0                   |
     Greenbelt Md 20771                |  301-332-3368 (cell)
E-Mail: address@hidden     |
    OR: address@hidden     |  301-286-4885 (work)