Re: lynx-dev new version of structured description ... patch

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev new version of structured description ... patch
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 08:23:45 +0400 (MSD)

16-May-99 17:06 Vlad Harchev wrote:
>  The patch that integrates all modifications and that is ready for pre3 was
> placed at

>   http://www.hippo.ru/~hvv/lynx/patch1.01.gz

>  It's slightly different from http://www.hippo.ru/~hvv/patch.gz in *.C code

I still think LYReadCFG.c became too complex to push it just now
before the release. I mean an extended diagnostics for settings status,
much more information than we had on LYNXCFG:/ page and really important
in some cases but probably not for everybody.

> (it absorbed small patches I posted, and some message strings were fixed), and
> of course in body.html - with all problems reported by LP fixed.

few more:

1) I cannot found an "INCLUDE" topic in body.html - it has no default value
  but its syntax may be of interest for sure.
2) lynx_help/lynxcfg/*.html files can be referenced not only at
  lynx_main_help.html but also at #lynx.cfg section of Users Guide.
3) many lines in body.html source begins with different offsets,
  e.g. inside the same paragraph. IMHO it could be done by maintaining
  'description' sections in plain HTML (in your body.in template),
  leaving headers, 'default value' and 'status' sections to your scripts only.
  In general, lynx users more comfortable with HTML than with hairy scripts.
  (there will not be any problem until you maintain body.in, but in future?)